The issues I mentioned in the last post were evident throughout the manuscript. The one big positive is that I love the story, even more as I got into it.
And then it steered off in another direction near the end, which will likely become the beginning of a second novel in a series. That means I'll have to rework the ending.
I took several pages of notes that I will refer to when I get back into the manuscript. Most of it has to do with under-described scenes and developing several of the characters. And there were a few dialogue problems and a little fat that needs to be trimmed.
That's it for the update.
Until the next time...