Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving?

Isn't it ironic that we Americans celebrate Thanksgiving with actions and thoughts about the many blessings in our lives -- and less than 24 hours later we are pushing and shoving and pepper spraying others for Black Friday merchandise?

What a way to ring in the holiday season!

I don't want to make a whole lot out of it because it's only a handful of  covetous consumers out of the millions of shoppers who attract the attention from the media. That's the news of the day.

I didn't venture out for Black Friday specials. One reason is because I like my sleep. I'd probably fall asleep in the stores despite all the commotion in the aisles.

Another reason is that I really can't think of anything I truly want so much that I would venture out at 10 p.m., midnight,  4 a.m., or whatever time to go out and purchase. I can wait...until after Christmas.

I did stop by a store on Black Friday and bought a refill bottle of hand soap and laundry detergent. I might add there will no altercations with other customers as I reached for the products.

I hope you have a safe shopping season.

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment