Monday, November 25, 2013

Better Late Than Never Website Update

It took some time but I finally updated my personal website -- www.michael.embry.com -- seven weeks behind schedule. Better late than never. 

I tried using various software to design a site but I found them too difficult to use. I decided to go with the folks who hosted by previous website, Go Daddy.com, and found its Website Builder to be relatively easy to use. The Go Daddy folks were also prompt about getting back with me when I had questions.

The website is still a work in progress. I wanted something clean and easy on the eyes as well as simple to navigate for now. There is only basic info posted, but those are the things I believe to be essential in promoting my books, and to some extent, myself. 

I'll be adding and deleting parts in the coming days as I become more familiar with the tools and visualize how I want to the website to work. 

The only problem I had was some malware -- SurfBetter -- that I was able to delete using Chrome tool options (after help from a Google search).

I hope you check it out. Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.

Until the next time.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment