Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Manuscript Reset

As mentioned in a previous post, I'm working on a sequel to "Old Ways and New Days." 

I've written about 20,000 words, so that's a good start. But then I hit a snag. I haven't written any words for a couple weeks as I've contemplated the direction I want the story to take. 

While I haven't been writing, I've been researching some subject matter for the story. I've been one who advocates a stream-of-consciousness approach to writing the first draft, then going back and fixing the problems in the rewrites. 

This time I prefer to get any obstacles out of the way before hitting the keyboard in the storytelling. And I'm ready now.

I'm getting back to the manuscript after completing this post, and will write every day -- unless there are some unforeseen circumstances -- until I'm finished with the first draft. 

Not to make any excuses (does a writer ever make excuses?), but I've also be occupied with other things as well in this new year. Those distractions have been minimized as I'm about to move on.

And I still plan to work on a few more short stories in the coming months as well. 

So that's where I'm at on Jan. 26th. Now to get back to the manuscript.

Until the next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment