Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Manuscript is out of my hands (for a little while)

The manuscript for my next novel is out of my hands, thank goodness, even if only for a little while.

My Wings ePress editor had a few questions about my final edit, which I addressed, and returned to her yesterday. The manuscript now goes to a copy editor who will give the 71,500 words a deep read to find any typos, grammatical errors, and storyline inconsistencies. 

And when that's completed, I'll receive the galley proof for one last read for any minor mistakes (I sure don't want any major ones at this point). The manuscript will also be formatted for publication. 

In the meantime, I'll hear from a graphic artist about the book cover. I have already provided information to her about the book. I'm anxious to see her artistic interpretation of the novel. 

The novel is set to be released on May 1. Over the next few months, I'll be working, along with the publisher, on promotion and marketing. 

Steve Flairty
As an aside, my books were mentioned in an article about Kentucky books by Steve Flairty, a reviewer for the Northern Kentucky Tribune and Kentucky Monthly magazine.  You can read it here.  (Disclosure: I have edited  Steve's "Kentucky's Everyday Heroes" books.) 

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment