Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Still Plodding and Plotting Along on Manuscript

Taking longer than expected, I've completed a line edit on a printed copy of my work in progress. 

It took about six weeks, which was about six times longer than I thought it would. I have a bagful of excuses but will save them for another post if folks are interested. 

What I'll do now is make the red-marked changes to the manuscript along with other notations about transitional sentences and paragraphs, expanding passages, and filling some plot holes on the pages. 

I like a printed copy because it seems more like reading a book if that makes any sense. I have an author friend who also prints his manuscript, but with margins similar to a book page. I'm too lazy for that, plus I like to conserve on the paper.

I do hope to complete this next task in the next week unless unforeseen problems hamper my progress. I am staying semi-quarantined during the coronavirus pandemic so that should help me stay focused. Unless I get contract the disease.

So if all goes well, the fourth novel in my John Ross Boomer Lit series may see the light of day in 2020. 

Until the next time . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment