Sunday, October 1, 2017

One Month Before Publication of Novel

The publication of my latest novel, "Darkness Beyond the Light," is only a month from today. 

As with my previous books, I'm excited about finally seeing  it in print. I've already seen the e-book version, but being a traditionalist in many ways, there's nothing like holding a physical, page-turning print edition in my hands.

"Darkness Beyond the Light" is my eighth novel, and the first time that I've written a sequel to a book. It carries on with the trials and  tribulations of John Ross, family and friends who were introduced in "Old Ways and New Days."  My novels are published by Wings ePress.

I also plan a third installment in the "John Ross Boomer Lit" series. I wanted to get working on it sooner, but now I will write the first draft during National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, in November.

In the meantime, postcards will be mailed to libraries, bookstores, friends, and others in the next few weeks announcing the arrival of "Darkness Beyond the Light."  I already have bookmarks, display posters, and various handouts ready to distribute at book signings this month (check appearances at bottom of page).

I'll also have promotions on Goodreads and Amazon so be sure to visit those websites and enter (there will be reminders posted here as well). If you're a Goodreads member, please send me a friend request. You can also like my Facebook author's page by clicking here.

Until the next time. . . .


 



 


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with it. I admire your tenacity in trying to get people to notice. I love writing but when it comes time to telling people about my work I just don't have any energy left. Must try harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger, most authors I know feel the way you do about marketing and promotion. I don't enjoy it. I was talking to another writer today and we both agreed that we're better at promoting the works of other writers than ourselves. Good luck with your marketing.

      Delete