Saturday, October 3, 2020

Writing Update

I've finished the edits on my manuscript and now it's time to move on to the galley proof to see if there's anything else that needs to be fixed before publication on Feb. 1. 

It's not a rewrite but feels like an abbreviated one. What I'll be looking for are typos, stretched-out words on a line, orphans and widows, misspellings, and anything else that appears out of kilter. 

So I'll be reading the 95k words again, possibly for the last time. I don't know about other authors, but after awhile I'm ready to move on. 

By the way, I have a title and cover for the novel, the fourth in the John Ross Boomer Lit series. I'll let you know after I finish this step.

And speaking of that, I plan to be involved in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) in November. I've participated on two previous occasions, both resulting in published novels. You might give it a shot; I find it invigorating to keep on pace to produce 50k words in 30 days.

Between going over the galley and NaNoWriMo, I'll do some research and notetaking to prepare for my next novel. I'm more of a pantser than a plotter but I do like to stay somewhat focused at the start of the writing process, then the characters take over.  

Until the next time . . .



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment, Hema. Please check out my other posts about the novel-writing process. I plan to have another post in the next day or so as I've completed the editor's edits.

    ReplyDelete