Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Slow Progress on Manuscript

I've completed six rewrites to my original manuscript, the fourth book in the John Ross Boomer Lit series.

As with the other rewrites, it took longer than expected because, well, there was so much to edit and rewrite. I made progress, but there's still a ways to go before I'm ready to submit it to my Wings ePress editor. 

I did a line edit on paper on the latest rewrite. There were quite a few red marks on the manuscript. I'm amazed at how I see things on paper that escape me on the computer screen. That's why I print the manuscript so I can put different "eyes" on the words.

My next course of action is to review my notes and make sure there is continuity from the previous books. The storyline and time elements have to flow. I've also reintroduced characters so I have to make sure names and descriptions are true to the series.

As with any rewrite, I deleted some scenes and dialogues. I'll be expanding some parts in the seventh rewrite.  At this point, there are nearly 74k words; that should grow past 80k.

So that's where I'm at on this manuscript. Lots accomplished but more to do before it's ready to be published. I hope to reveal more in the coming weeks, perhaps the title and publishing date.

Until the next time . . .