Saturday, July 14, 2012

Off to the Cleaners


After writing ten short stories and then spending the past two months going through five rewrites, I’ve sent them off to an independent editor.

When she is finished cleaning the copy, I’ll give them one more read before going through the publishing process. I know there are a few things in several of the stories that need to be tweaked, and I’m sure the editor will note some items as well.

If all goes well, I hope to have the collection published in August. At least that’s my goal at this point. I’ve been asking some of my author friends for advice about self-publishing and they’ve been very helpful and encouraging. I'm entering unfamiliar territory so it's nice to have some guides.

I've also downloaded several books and read numerous articles and blogs on self-publishing. There is so much to learn and consider!

Until the next time...

4 comments:

  1. You have worked hard. Hoping all is a success for you. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Socorro. It's all part of the process that begins with an idea.

      Delete
  2. Selling short stories is hard, as I found out. I wish you well and when you do get them published, I'll certainly buy a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger, that's why I'm going the self-published route. Unless you're a Stephen King, John Grishman, or Eudora Welty, it's very diffcult to find a publisher. Thanks for your interest in purchasing a copy. I'll let everyone who follows the blog, as well at Facebook, etc., know when the stories are published.

      Delete