Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NCAA Commercial Overload




I don't believe I could stand another day watching the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournaments.

The games, for the most part, were filled with great storylines along with nail-biting outcomes and a few surprises as well as a few clunkers thrown in for good measure during the three-week run.

So what's my beef? The commercials. If I saw one, I must have watched it 25 times during the course of the tournaments. 

Enough is enough!

Some were  clever and cute, such as the Capitol One spots featuring Charles Barkley, Greg Anthony and Alec Baldwin, and the AT&T ads, with the children and later featuring NBA Hall of Famers Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Bird and Bill Russell (especially the slow break).

And then there were the All-State spots with "March Mayhem;" the guys in Lowe's building a deck; Applebee's with Bob Knight and Digger Phelps; AXE with the clip from the Valparaiso-Ole Miss game from years ago; the Liberty Mutual Insurance ones playing the Human League's song "I'm Only Human;" and Florida coach Billy Donovan and staff talking logistics the UPS way.

A friend mentioned to me that it takes a commercial about five showings to register with a viewer. I think I got overload.

If you get a craving to watch them again, just click on these YouTube clips:



Until the next time...

Until the next time...

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! I didn't think I had seen any of those, because I tend to tune out commercials, leave the room, read, or do something other than watch them, but I had seen most of them! I guess they do crawl in to our subconscious memory banks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, I do try to block them out but after a while they resurface just to annoy me!

    ReplyDelete