So here's my short list for 2016:
- Write every day, beginning today.
- Begin and finish the sequel to "Old Ways and New Days." I'll get back to the manuscript today and work on it daily until it's completed.
- Publish another short story collection, a followup to "Laments." I've already written six stories; I hope to write six more in the coming months.
- Stay more focused on writing life. That means I'll have to rid myself of distractions. That can be difficult because some distractions add some spice to one's life. I suppose I'll keep a few of them, such as travel and photography.
- Read a minimum of two books a month. I accomplished that reading goal on Goodreads in 2015 so I know that's doable with all the other reading I do (magazines, newspapers, blogs, etc.). As most authors will attest, reading makes better writing.
- Try to improve my physical condition. I recently joined the Y and have been working out every other day. I believe a healthy body keeps a person mentally fit as well, and being a writer, it's important to stay sharp as possible when working on a novel.
Until the next time....