Thursday, June 9, 2016

On Again

My work in progress, a sequel to Old Ways and New Days, has been a real pain in the you know what. It's been on again, off again, on again, off again, and now it's back on again. 

I've been back in the writing groove the past few days, producing several thousand words as the story is becoming more clear in my head. By the way, I'm a panster and mental plotter.


I believe what jump started the process is reading a mystery novel. I got into the story from the get-go, and after several chapters, I went back and reviewed what I had written. 

Needless to say, I wasn't happy with what I read. It was sluggish, and to be honest, downright boring.  

So I rewrote the first chapter and everything has changed. I'm writing every day. 

Now to keep on keeping on.

Until the next time....

2 comments:

  1. Keep on keeping on. It just gets better - sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Roger. I believe the main goal is to finish the first draft, then you can go back and clean it up. It can be discouraging.

    ReplyDelete