Tuesday, October 24, 2017

One Week Before Publication of Novel

It's down to the final week before the release of my latest novel, "Darkness Beyond the Light."

It's been a difficult but rewarding journey over the past year, from those first words to first draft to revisions to edits to cover art to final read to publication, which will be Nov. 1, when it's available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Wings ePress and other book-related websites. 

I have been working on  promotion and marketing the past few weeks. I'll be mailing postcards this weekend, sending news releases to various outlets, and notifying others through emails. I've been working on a book trailer for YouTube

I've also been reading blogs and listening to podcasts for other recommendations from authors on most cost-efficient ways to market and promote a book. I plan a giveaway on Goodreads on the release date. There will be other surprise promotions as well.

My hope is that those who purchase the novel (or win a giveaway) will leave a review and/or rating on various websites. I've always believed that word of mouth is the best way to spread the word.

Until the next time. . . .







 





No comments:

Post a Comment