Monday, December 25, 2017

Happy Holidays

A quick note to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Like every year, 2017 has had its up and downs and a few things all around. That's what life is all about. You simply try to adapt and adjust to the situations confronting you and try to make the best of them, if possible.

Maybe 2018 will have more ups than downs. At least some days when life is at an even keel. I must confess, that at my age, deaths to family members and friends throw me for a loop. My guess that most people feel the same way, and perhaps regardless of age.

I certainly hope that all the writers out there keep the muse in their lives as they venture into uncharted territory. I've always believed writing was an adventure and the rewards came during the process that also involves thoughts being transformed into words.   

And I hope readers find entertaining and edifying books to satisfy their emotional and intellectual needs. I always want to gain something after investing time in this worthwhile pursuit. Furthermore, that's one of the things I try to deliver as an author.  Time is a precious commodity that I don't take lightly.



Until the next time. . . .








2 comments:

  1. As a devout pessimist I believe that life will be horrible, but my permanent gloom is assuaged by writing. Who knows, this year perhaps I'll be able to sell some more books. Even if not I still love writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Roger, I see a glimmer of optimism in your comment. I hope you have a most successful 2018 in writing and selling books. I agree that writing is a reward in itself.

    ReplyDelete