Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Past, Present, Future, and Excuses

Let me start by saying that 2018 wasn't my best year in writing. 

I have excuses (don't we all?) but I should have been more productive. I didn't reach my goal of 50 blog posts; I didn't have a novel published; I didn't write any short stories.

On the positive side for 2019, I do have a tentative release date of May 1 for my next novel, the third in the John Ross Boomer Lit series. I completed editor's suggestions and corrections today and will be sending them on to her.

And I've have completed an idea form for the graphic artist to begin work on the cover of the novel. I'm excited to see what she comes up with in the next month or so, and I'll it share with you as well.

As for this blog, I hope to post something once a week. I was on target to do that last year but faltered the final two months because of my excuses.

As for short stories, we'll see. I've been planning to publish the second volume of Laments but excuses got in the way. I've already written six but they need to have the dust wiped off. 

My publisher, Wings ePress, has come up with some new marketing and promotional efforts including pre-release sales. I'll let you know more about that in a future post. 

So that's where I stand on Jan. 1, 2019, excuses and all.

I hope you have a creative and productive new year!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment