Saturday, December 15, 2012

A New Addition

I've got a new addition to my family -- Bailey.
Bailey is a little fella -- a Yorkie-Chihauhau mix -- also known as a Chorkie. He's almost ten weeks old and weighs about one pound,  and probably won't get bigger than five pounds.
He arrived at my house yesterday (Dec. 14). I received a call from my friend Deb, who had made all the arrangements. She picked up Bailey from a kennel in another town and told us he was ready to go to his new home. My wife and I were expecting a call from her on Dec. 17 so this was an early and wonderful surprise for us -- an early Christmas present!
Bailey is nearly coal black with some white streaks on his chest. And he has blue eyes. I'm sure his looks will change as he gets older.
We also have Baxter, a Yorkie, who is going to have to get used to having a new "brother" around the house. Baxter is about 15 so there's quite an age difference, but I'm sure he'll show the new kid the ropes.
If you follow my blog, you'll be reading more about Bailey and Baxter in the coming months. I promise.
Until the next time…

6 comments:

  1. Adorable! Congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Socorro. He's a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little cutie! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww how lovely Michael!!!!! you have a little furry angel.
    I also have a rescued dog, so I most say THANK YOU for giving this little guy a home :D xoxo Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Elizabeth. He's a cute little fella. We're training him now and he's doing fairly well so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year ahead to to and your family.
    Also to Bailey :)

    ReplyDelete