Saturday, December 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo -- Mission Accomplished

I finished the National Novel Writing Month on the last day with a few words to spare. The goal was to write 50,000, and I wrote 50,171 words.
 
The working title for the manuscript (and that's all it is until published) is "Bullies." It's a young adult novel about, well, what the title indicates.

This first draft will go through numerous edits and rewrites in the coming months.  I won't look at it for several weeks. I want fresh eyes when I open the file on my computer.

For the other writers who also took part in NaNoWriMo, and especially those who reached the 50k goal, my sincere congratulations. I know firsthand what you had to do to produce that diamond in the rough.
Until the next time…

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Great subject matter for this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandie. Now the real work begins in molding it into a novel.

    ReplyDelete