Saturday, November 9, 2013

Busy Time of Year

My apologies for not posting anything in more than a week. I know everyone out there has been wondering, "Where in the heck is Mike?" 

Well, I don't believe that. If I did, I'd be fooling myself. 

I've been busy with the Kentucky Book Fair. I'm the marketing
chair so I try to spread the word throughout the state and region about the state's premier literary event. We're heading into our 32nd fair on Nov. 16 at the Frankfort Convention Center, from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

I've participated as a patron, author, and board member. I find it very satisfying to be involved in this worthwhile literary endeavor that benefits school and public libraries as well as literacy programs in my state.

The Kentucky Book Fair is on Facebook so drop by there and give it a "like" and you'll receive updates, photos, author info,  and more. You can give me a "like" as well under Kentucky author Michael Embry

I recently conducted a Goodreads giveaway for my latest novel -- "The Bully List" -- and mailed a copies to the five winners (out of more than 400 entries) this morning. They're from Texas, Washington, New Jersey, Michigan and Illinois. If you're a Goodreads member, and I highly recommend it, feel free to connect with me. 

I'll be back in the writing mode once the dust settles in a  week or so. 

I've included three videos with authors that I interviewed for the Kentucky Book Fair -- for your viewing pleasure. If you want to see part two of each episode, you can find them on YouTube (they run about four minutes each). The fourth and final program will be uploaded on Nov. 14. 






Until the next time....


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of your hard work, Mike. I always enjoy the Ky Book Fair! I've never participated as an author but I love to go and browse the books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddie. I'm surprised you haven't attended as an author. Let me know when you have a new title. I hope to see you there next week.

      Delete