Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Back to the Manuscript: Part Eight

I completed the fifth rewrite of my work in progress and there's still more work to do before it's ready to submit to the publisher.

I made quite a few changes during the rewrite, specifically to a some subplots, several characters, and dialogue. I also had to do additional research on medical issues in the story.


There are still a couple subplots that need to be resolved or eliminated. I'm still unsure which direction to go. I hope that can be fixed on the sixth rewrite.

And the manuscript grew another 3,000 words despite cutting out several passages. Why the increase? Mainly because there is much more showing than telling now.

I'll begin working on the sixth rewrite later today. It'll probably take a week to get through it. 

Pardon the cliche, but the end is in sight. 

Under the next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment