Sunday, October 9, 2016

Progress Report

I realize it's been three weeks since my last post but I've been making great strides on my work in progress. 

I've written every day since Sept. 1, nearly 35,000 words. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the first tunnel (draft). If everything goes as planned, I should be finished by the end of the month. Maybe sooner.

As mentioned in previous posts, this is a sequel to "Old Ways and New Days." I will say that while it follows the trials and tribulations of protagonist John Ross as he deals with life as a retiree, much of the focus is on his self-centered son Brody. 

And his mother-in-law enters the story, bringing her stinging criticism to the story. His daughter, Chloe, is beginning to unravel a bit -- like we all do from time to time -- and wife Sally is finding that being an anchor often means you can sink. 

A problem I have now is that I'm heading off on vacation in a few days. I hope to write every day, probably on a legal pad, so I can keep up the momentum. And I do plan to enjoy the vacation as well as my wife and I plan a road trip to various places in the Midwest that are on our bucket list. 

Until the next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment