Wednesday, November 29, 2017

No NaNoWriMo

I must admit that I didn't complete the National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, in November.

On the first day, I wrote about 1,300 words. The next morning I sat down and couldn't find the file. I could have swore I saved the initial entry but it was nowhere to be found. 

I tried to start again, but faltered after 500 words or so. And then I flamed out.

My heart really wasn't in it this year because of the passing of a loved one and a prior commitment to judge entries in a writing contest. I couldn't get focused even though I had a rough outline, one that I will be using when I start the third installment in the "John Ross Boomer Lit" series. 

I plan to get moving on the next novel in a few weeks when I don't have any extraordinary distractions. 

This is the first time that I haven't completed a NaNoWriMo challenge. The previous efforts evolved into novels -- "Shooting Star," "The Bully List," "Old Ways and New Days," and the recently published "Darkness Beyond the Light."

I hope those who took the grueling challenge completed the 50,000-word goal. Any may you get published for all the hard work.


Until the next time. . . .

(P.S. While you're here, click on the Goodreads giveaway for "Darkness Beyond the Edge" at the upper right. And I would be honored if you'd follow the blog as well.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment