Saturday, March 31, 2018

Best Intentions for Third Boomer Lit Novel

I've been writing daily since Jan. 1 (missing only one day) on the third book in the John Ross Boomer Lit series. It was my intention to finish by March 31, and let it rest for a few weeks before returning to rewrite.

That didn't happen.

Even after working from an outline, there are still unresolved issues that I must address before reaching the first end of the novel. How long will that take? That's difficult to say but I would hope before the end of April.

But it could take longer. You don't reach the end until you're there. And I'm not there although parts are beginning to come together.

One approach I am taking with this novel is to continue writing even after I reach the end. So I'll be working on the rewrite as well as the fourth book in the series. 

I'm sure there are other novelists who do the same when working on a series, especially one that would be more than three books. As I've mentioned in a previous post, this series plans to be my primary output from now on. I also intend to write another short story collection (I really do!).

So that's where I stand on March 31, 2018. 

Until the next time . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment