Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Back to Work on No. 3

I took a two-week break from my work in progress, and now I'm back at the keyboard, churning out words and not missing a beat.

I spent a week in Ireland, and after returning home, took another week to get my bearings straight (jet lag, home chores, and the like) before delving back into the sequel to "Darkness Beyond the Light."

I had the best intentions to continue writing while in Ireland, even taking two notebooks with me. But looking back, it was delusional of me to believe that I could actually find the time to focus on the manuscript.

But I did read during that time, taking along my Kindle Fire to peruse books I downloaded,  during the flights to and from and before going to sleep each night. One of my few good habits is to read each night before turning out the lights. 

So I'm back at the manuscript, topping 66k words this morning. The WIP is actually two parts. I'll be returning to the first part, which takes place in Europe, in a few weeks. The second part is about what happens when John and Sally Ross  return home to Kentucky. And I already know what I'm going to write about in the fifth book.

While I don't generally recommend taking a break from a WIP, sometimes you can't avoid it. Besides reading, I did jot down a few notes to consider in the story, such as character development. I've also spent time researching a few topics the past week. 

I hope things are going well with your WIPs.

Until the next time . . .  




No comments:

Post a Comment