Saturday, March 16, 2019

Introducing My New Vlog and/or Podcast

I'm not sure how effective this will be or how long it will last, but I've started a short vlog or podcast. I'm really not sure what to call the format.

Checking on the Internet, the definition of a vlog is "a blog that features mostly videos rather than text or images."

And a podcast is "a digital audio or video file or recording, usually part of a themed series, that can be downloaded from a website to a media player or computer."

I've thought about doing a vlog for quite a while but put it off because I wanted it to complement what I do here. I am a writer, remember, and this is what I do best (at least I hope so). I also have novel, New Horizons, that will be released on May 1 so I'm trying to maximize the promotion. 

I subscribe to Joanna Penn's blog and have admired her work in marketing and promoting books. And she does a great job with her podcasts. 

Her podcast on growing readership through podcasting, featuring Paul Sating, probably tipped me over the edge into this new adventure. I even purchased his ebook so I guess the podcast worked on me. By the way, I highly recommend subscribing to Joanna's blog/podcasts.

I plan to keep my podcasts short and sweet. In addition to my journey as a writer, I'll also have posts about my travels, music and book recommendations, and other interests. I hope to keep them to 60 seconds but that may prove to be difficult. And I'll try to refrain from being political since there's more than enough of that stuff on the World Wide Web.

So here's the first podcast. Please feel free to subscribe to my YouTube Channel as well although I plan to do dual posts here. You might consider clicking the "follow" button in the right margin of this blog to keep current with my posts.  




Until the next time . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment