Monday, July 13, 2020

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

I've completed eight rewrites of my manuscript, the fourth book in the John Ross Boomer Lit series.

While it has grown to more than 90k words, adding more than 12k, this rewrite took less than two weeks. For some unexplained reason, I got a burst of energy and creativity. That's an encouraging sign for someone my age.  

I'll begin work on the ninth, and hopefully, the last rewrite in the morning. My goal is to finish by July 31. If everything falls into place, I should do that with days to spare. (I hope I haven't jinxed myself.)

I've taken copious notes to guide me through this process and address problems that need to be fixed before submitting the manuscript to my editor. For the most part, it has been to tighten the narrative and focus of the story.

For those who are unfamiliar with the series, it's about the trials and tribulations of a baby boomer after he retires from a long career as a newspaperman. While he dreams of an idyllic life with his wife, Sally, it's anything but that as he deals with various and sundry problems—at home, in the neighborhood, and abroad.


So it's back to the work in progress.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment