Saturday, August 1, 2020

Manuscript Finally Finished

The manuscript I have been working on for more than a year is now in the capable hands of my editor. For the next few weeks, I will take a break from the editing and rewriting that has dominated my life.

The manuscript, the fourth book in the John Ross Boomer Lit Series, is 95k words. Over the course of a year, and 10 rewrites, it doubled in size. By the way, this is my 10th novel and 14th book. I may have to go out and celebrate when it's published and the pandemic is over. 

My goal was to finish by July 31. I did submit the manuscript on that date, but I must confess, that after sleeping on it, I resubmitted it this morning with a couple additions that tied together loose ends. I promised my editor she wouldn't be hearing from me with any changes, edits, and whatevers. The next move will be hers, when she returns it with edits, suggested edits, and whatnots. 

I was hoping this novel would see the light of day by the end of this year, but that's doubtful. It's my fault for dragging my butt for a few months. I'll keep you posted when I hear something from the publisher. 

Be sure and check out the August releases from Wings ePress including a new novel, Divine Rebel, from friend Tom Wallace as well as Thomas Fenske's Penumbra, and Peggy P. Parsons's Apitcote

The title of my new novel? I'll let you know once I sign a contract. 

Until the next time . . .



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Raising a metaphorical glass and reveling in your achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your 10th novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tessie. Now it's on to the editor's edits, proofing the galley, and working with cover artist. It's a long process!

      Delete