Monday, September 7, 2020

Another Step Toward Publication

My absence from Facebook has been somewhat productive. I completed the first edits on my upcoming novel and returned the manuscript to my Wings ePress editor today, a week ahead of schedule. 

For those who are counting, this will be the fourth book in the John Ross Boomer Lit series. John and Sally Ross have returned from their travels to Budapest and New York, only to deal with travails back at their Kentucky home.

The edits and suggested changes weren't too painful other than a bruised ego that I let a few things slip through on the initial submission. And while I try to avoid repetitive words and phrases, some of those buggers raised their ugly heads as well.

Now the manuscript is back in my editor's able hands, and if she finds other problems, it'll bounce back to me to make wrong things right. And after that, if everything looks fine and dandy, it will go to a copyeditor to pick up any typos, misspellings, or grammatical errors. 

The final step will be the galley proof that I'll read for any problems such as computer glitches that create poor spacing, font changes, and whatever isn't right. 

I'll also be working with the cover artist to come up with the design that captures the essence of the book. 

And after that, I'll begin work on the fifth book in the series. Never a dull moment when I'm creating stories.

Such is the life of a writer.

I almost forgot. The novel will be published Feb. 1, 2021. More about that later.

Until the next time . . . 










No comments:

Post a Comment