Monday, November 30, 2020

NaNoWriMo Update: Crossed the Finish Line

I've earned my third NaNoWriMo winner's badge!

This morning, on the final day of the 50,000-word writing challenge, I crossed the finish line with 50,177 words. Over the course of 30 days, and I cranked out a daily average of 1,730 words. 

As I expected, my output increased along the way. After 10 days, it was 1,358. My 20-day average was 1,587. And during the past 10 days, it was at a 1,844 clip.

Winner's Badge
I made it a point to write every single day. A few days my output was only 900 or so words, but they still count. I made up for that by writing more than 2,000 on other days. The important thing was to write each and every day. For me, if I don't write for a day or two, it makes it easier not to write the next day. And that piles up to no progress and probably giving up.

This is part of the first draft of my next novel in the John Ross Boomer Lit series. I'll continue writing every day until I'm satisfied with the story. After that, I'll go through the rewrite and editing process. It will probably end up in the 80k range.

I've had two previous NaNoWriMo efforts result in novels: The Bully List in 2012 and Old Ways and New Days in 2014.

The fourth novel in the boomer lit series will be published on Feb. 1, 2021. I hope this effort will be released in late 2021. We'll see.

I hope other NaNoWriMoers crossed the finish line with me!

Until the next time . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment