Friday, November 20, 2020

Penultimate NaNoWriMo Progress Report

We're two-thirds of the way through the annual National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, endurance race. Only 10 more writing days remain before the figurative finish line.

After 20 days, I'm sitting at 31,737 words, an average of 1,587 words a day. I should be averaging 1,667 so I'm a bit off the pace. I need to average 1,826 words from here on in to reach 50k.

I'm determined to reach the goal so that's not really a concern of mine. When I set my mind to do something, I generally do it. There could be some unforeseen things happen between now and Nov. 30, but I going on the assumption that I won't be struck by lightning, get struck by a train, or become debilitated by some illness or activity.

To be honest, there's not a whole lot going on in my life to distract me from writing. For the past week or so, I've written in the morning and the afternoon in an effort to increase my word count, and it's worked. 

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, which is affecting most of us in various degrees, I haven't been out and about other than quick trips to the supermarket.  I won't be spending time with relatives and friends on Thanksgiving Day. I don't do Black Friday (will anybody this year?). 

So I'll be sitting here in front of my computer, focused on reaching (and surpassing)  50k words. And then I'll have the first draft to the fifth book in my John Ross Boomer Lit series. (Psst! The fourth book will be released on Feb. 1, 2021, by Wings ePress).

Good luck to others participating in NaNoWriMo. We can do it!

Until the next time . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment