Friday, November 23, 2012

NaNoWriMo Update No. 3


Only a few more days remain in National Novel Writing Month.
 
So far I've written 37,000 words, which means I need 13,000 more to reach the targeted 50k. According to NaNoWriMo, I have been averaging 1,608 a day and need to produce 1,625 a day through Nov. 30.

I don't really see that as being a problem unless something really crazy happens in my life. I suppose I should cross my fingers, just in case.

This has been more difficult than I first imagined. I believe the main reason is that I'm writing in first person point of view. Everything piece of fiction I've written has been third person so this is an additional challenge for me.

However, when I finish and review the first draft, I will probably change it to third person. I've found first person to be rather confining in developing plot and sub-plots. But I have gained additional respect to those who write in the first person. You rock!

I may have one more update before I finish this NaNoWriMo. And to those who are participating in this month-long marathon, I wish you the best as we enter the homestretch. I hope we'll all be winners.

Until the next time...

(In the spirit of Black Friday and the holiday season, the digital price of "Laments: Short Stories" has been reduced to 99 cents on Amazon.com, B&N.com, and Smashwords.com.  If you decide to purchase, please leave review/feedback).



No comments:

Post a Comment