Saturday, April 25, 2015

Back to the Manuscript -- Part Three

I completed the first rewrite of my manuscript two days ago. I'll be delving back into it in a few days after I give it more thought. And my weary eyes need some rest as well.

The issues I mentioned in the last post were evident throughout the manuscript. The one big positive is that I love the story,  even more as I got into it. 

And then it steered off in another direction near the end, which will likely become the beginning of a second novel in a series. That means I'll have to rework the ending.

I took several pages of notes that I will refer to when I get back into the manuscript. Most of it has to do with under-described scenes and developing several of the characters. And there were a few dialogue problems and a little fat that needs to be trimmed.

That's it for the update. 

Until the next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment