Sunday, April 5, 2015

Post-Authors Fair

The fifth annual Authors Fair in Madison, Ind., is history. 

My space at the Authors Fair. 
About 75 authors, publishers and illustrators from the tri-state area (Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky) participated in the event on April 4 at the National Guard Armory. The book fair was put on by That Book Place

Yolantha Harrison-Pace gave an animated presentation.
The day was filled with panel discussions and readings as well as authors discussing and signing their works for book lovers. Even the Girl Scouts were present, selling boxes of cookies.


Here are a few other images from the various activities:

Eddie Price (with hat) and Stephen M. Vest (talking to book fair patron) were among 75 authors at the event.

Authors talk about their works and sign books for patrons.

I shared table space with Leah Pugh and Mysti Parker.
A patron talks to author C.S. Marks.

Author Atty Eve, partially hidden,  signs a copy of her novel, My Beautiful Suicide, and Carol Preflatish.

Romance writer Magdalena Scott

One of the publisher's tables at the Authors Fair.

Author Bill Noel discusses his Folly Beach Mystery Series with readers.

Author-publisher Maddie James.

Author Leah Pugh reads from her novel, The Diamond Caper. 
It was an enjoyable day for me, and I'm sure for the rest of the authors and others who attended.  While I didn't sell a lot of books, I did meet some other writers to broaden my network and friendships, as well as talk to various folks about my novels. 

Until the next time...

4 comments:

  1. What a nice blog, Michael! (Although it's scary to see a photo of myself so early in the morning.) It was a lovely day. Thank you for capturing it so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Magdalena. Glad to finally meet you in person. Best wishes on the release of your next novel.

      Delete
  2. Great write-up and photos. I can't wait until next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Carol. I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete