Monday, September 21, 2015

Back to the Manuscript: Part 17 (Fini)

The countdown begins.

I've completed the proofread of the galley proofs and the cover has been approved. Now to wait for the Oct. 1 release date of "Old Days and New Ways."

Thankfully, that light at the end of the tunnel I've seen the past few weeks wasn't an incoming train.  I've made it to the other side; a bit weary and worn around the edges but still standing. 

I must admit that I'm tired of reading the manuscript. I believe it was a minimum of 16 times. I almost feel I could recite the novel by memory but that would be stretching it quite a bit. 

I gave the publisher four pages of corrections to be made; most were typos. There were a few word changes but that was about it. 

The graphic artist also presented me with several covers. I'll share it on my next post. 

Now I move on promotion. I'll have postcards and bookmarks made, something I've done with every book, and doing lots of stuff on the Internet. One thing I'll do is a giveaway on Goodreads

My first appearance with the novel with be at the Kentucky Book Fair on Nov. 14 in Frankfort. It's a great event that I would encourage folks to attend, whether they buy my book or not.

My next writing project will be a sequel as I intend for this novel to be the beginning of a series. But I'm taking a brief break to catch my breath and rev up my energy level.

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment