Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Back to the Manuscript: Part 16

The editing process is almost over. The next step, which begins today, is proofing the manuscript.

The publisher sent me the galley proof last night. This will be the last time I review my work before it becomes a novel. And that date is Oct. 1.

During the next few days I'll be rereading the manuscript, looking specifically for any errors that were overlooked during the main editing phase. These include typos such as word and letter spacing, grammatical errors, dropped or duplicate words, punctuation typos such as reversed quote marks and apostrophes, misspellings, and anything else that isn't right.

It's a slow and tedious process. I'll be glad when it's over. 

I'm also working the graphic artist in finalizing a cover. Previously, I gave her some ideas for the cover and she has come up with several drafts. We're not there yet, but getting closer.  I want the best cover possible for those who judge books by that impression.

I hope by this time next week I can declare everything is ready for the release date. 

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment