I've used websites for promotions, reviews, and giveaways; traditional (and perhaps old-fashioned) approaches such as postcards and bookmarks; and other ways such as posting links and images to emails and other correspondence. (By the way, I still believe word of mouth is the best way to promote).
I'm going to try something new, at least for me. Through this post I will offer seven digital copies of my novels, since that's how many I've written since 1999. I've already done a print giveaway on Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.
If you're interested in reading one of my novels, all you have to do is reply to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Contest" in the subject line and the following information the body:
- I need your email so I can send the novel to you through Amazon.com as a gift.
- I will let you pick the novel of your choice -- The Touch, A Long Highway, Foolish Is The Heart, A Confidential Man, Shooting Star, The Bully List, or Old Ways and New Days. You can go to my website or visit Amazon to read a synopsis of the novels. I would recommend going to my author page since all the books are listed there.
- Your name, location and selection. When the contest is finished, I will update this post with the winners, e.g., John D., Yakima, Wash., Old Ways and New Days. I won't use your last name or your email. Promise!
- So how will I decide the seven winners? That's easy. The first seven who respond will receive a novel of their choice.
- There are no catches or surprises to this contest. I would appreciate a rating and/or review, but it's not necessary. I know some folks don't like to write reviews. Maybe word of mouth?