Sunday, March 6, 2016

Story Songs: A Few More Friendly Tunes

I have several more songs to add to the songs about friendship. They would have been included in the earlier post but I try to keep my musings at a reasonable length. 


Now these songs all have "friend" or "friends" in the title. There are many other recordings out there about friends but that will be a post at another time. 

So here are a few more that I've enjoyed through the years:

Dionne Warwick and Friends -- "That's What Friends Are For"
No. 5 in 1985
Written by Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager

"Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be at your side forever more"



Garth Brooks -- "Friends in Low Places"
No. 1 in 1990
Written by Dewayne Blackwell and Earl Bud Lee

"I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns
And the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay"



Wishbone Ash -- "Everybody Needs a Friend"
Released in 1973 on "Wishbone Four" album
Written by Martin Turner

"Trust in me, I'll try to do
Everything to help you that I can
Broken wings can heal and mend again"



Randy Newman and Lyle Lovett -- "You've Got a Friend in Me"
Released in 1995 in "Toy Story" soundtrack
Written by Randy Newman

"If you've got troubles, I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me"



And last, but certainly not least:

The Beatles -- "With A Little Help From My Friends"
Released in 1967 on "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney

"Oh I get by with a little help from my friends
I get high with a little help from my friends
Going to try with a little help from my friends"




Until the next time....






No comments:

Post a Comment