Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year Thoughts

Can you believe it's 2018? I know it's a cliché, but the older you get, the faster time flies. 

And time is the most important commodity you have as each year passes by and a new one begins. Health, financial security, and friendships certainly rank high, but time is the component that determines the degree of each.  Treasure each day. 

I'm not much on resolutions; I prefer to have goals as a writer.

So here's what I hope to accomplish over the next 365 days:

  • Write the third installment to the "John Ross Boomer Lit Novel" series. That begins today.
  • Complete the second volume of "Laments" short-story collection.
  • Write more posts to this blog. I plan to write more music-related posts and add short author interviews. Reader beware!  
  • Participate in more author-related activities, such as book signings, panel discussions, speaking engagements, and so on. I already have two radio interviews coming up this month and February (more details later). 
There will be more items that will be added to the list as time (that word again) goes on, but I'm not taking anything for granted. And I don't want to commit to more than I can handle because that can be frustrating, especially when you can't attain those goals. 

So I'm keeping it short and simple. Balance is key. That includes quality time with family and friends as well as reading, travel, and activities that interest and enrich me as a person.

Here's hoping that you have a enlightening and entertaining new year. 

Until the next time. . . . 






No comments:

Post a Comment