Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Great Season

I’m looking forward to a play-full summer.

I recently purchased a pair of season tickets for the summer season of the

 My wife and I will attend productions of “Cotton Patch Gospel,” “Lombardi,” “Oliver,” and “Floyd Collins.” It’s an eclectic mix that I’m sure will be delightful and entertaining.
KRT is one of my favorite places for entertainment.

Horse Cave, as the name suggests, is in the heart of Kentucky's "cave country," a few miles from Mammoth Cave National Park. It's a picturesque town, located off I-65 between Elizabethtown and Bowling Green. It also home to the American Cave Museum and Hidden River Cave, only a block or so away from the theatre. The Horse Cave Bookfest will be held June 30.

KRT was formerly known as Horse Cave Theatre, when it held it first production (“Candida”) 35 years ago under the tireless and talented direction of Warren Hammack. He was succeeded 25 years later by Robert Brock (now teaching at Lindsey Wilson College), followed by Christopher Sanderson, and now Ken Hailey serves as artistic consultant.
I’ve always enjoyed live entertainment, be it plays, music, dance, readings, interviews, or re-enactments.

I’d encourage anyone in Kentucky or visiting the state this summer to drop by KRT. It’s an experience you won’t regret or soon forget.

And if you can’t attend a performance at KRT, then support theatre in your area. We all benefit from the arts. 

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment