Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Back to the Manuscript: Part 10

I've completed the sixth rewrite to my manuscript. As I mentioned in a previous post, the end is in sight.

The problem is that I misjudged the distance. There's light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, but the tunnel is longer than I imagined.

My work in progress is about 77,000 words, an increase of nearly 5k from the fifth rewrite. Overall, it has grown 12k from the first draft.

And it should get even longer as I have two subplots to resolve and several timeline issues to fix. I'm sure it'll top 80k.

I'm pleased with the progress I made on this last rewrite. I accomplished most of the goals I wanted to, especially in character development and additional backstory. 

I'm still tinkering with the title but there's no hurry on that at this point. 

Now it's on to the seventh rewrite. 

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment