Saturday, July 25, 2015

Back to the Manuscript: Part 12

I've completed proofreading the hard copy of my work in progress, which actually turned into two revisions (you called it, Roger!).

I've made all the red-pen corrections, rewrote several passages, added several more, and deleted a few as well as ran the usual spelling-and-grammar check.

I will have one more read this coming week before submitting to my publisher. I should make my self-imposed July 31 deadline with a day or two to spare. 

There are a few minor timeline items I need to fix, change some words here and there, and create a little more tension in some scenes.

As it stands, I've written 79,991 words, nearly 900 fewer than after the seventh rewrite. I ended up slicing and dicing rather than adding to the manuscript.

I still have to come up with a title. I already know the dedication.

I'll be back.

Until the next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment