The manuscript is now about 81,000 words as I've added two more chapters, expanded two characters, and focused more on the narrative.
As with past WIPs, I've printed a hard copy for the next phase in the process. Coming from a background in print media, I find it easier to proofread, edit and rewrite when I have something tangible in front of me rather than going back and forth over copy on the computer screen.
I'll have my red Sharpie to mark up the pages with needed edits as well as reference books for easy access to answers. I also find that I can better assess the flow of copy when I read it on paper.
I hope to finish this eighth rewrite by the end of the week. After that, if everything looks good, I'll give it one more read before sending it to my publisher.
I've also come up with a title for the novel, but that's for another post.
Until the next time....