Friday, January 1, 2021

Hello 2021

We finally made it to 2021!

It doesn't feel any different from the last day of 2020 except for a sense that life will return to some semblance of normal. It may take a while, some experts say in the fall, but at least that's a ray of light after enduring the dark days of the past year.

I hope there will be incremental improvements in the coming months as more and more people get vaccinated. It will be incumbent on everyone to wear a mask and practice personal hygiene such as regular washing of hands. I admit I have my doubts about this because of the selfish attitude of a few who feel it infringes on their personal freedom. Aren't they infringing on the freedom of others by spreading the lethal coronavirus? 


But I digress. 

It'll be nice to see people returning to sporting events . . . weddings . . . family reunions . . . religious services . . . picnics . . . shopping areas . . . birthday parties . . .

On a sadder note, being able to show final respects at funeral homes and cemeteries for loved ones who have died. Perhaps visiting those on their deathbeds in hospitals and nursing homes to let them know you love them and to provide comfort with a final farewell so they don't depart this Earth alone. 

I stopped making New Year's resolutions a long time ago. However, I have goals I want to achieve over the course of time, but they don't have to begin on Jan. 1.

Here are a few odds and ends: 

  • On the Goodreads 2021 Reading Challenge, I plan to read 24 books this year. My goal was 18 last year and I read 31. (Feel free to friend and/or follow me.)
  • I have a large shed that is loaded with stuff, some more than 50 years old. Since the Smithsonian is unlikely to be interested in any of the hidden treasures, I hope to get it cleaned out (much to the delight of my wife). My sons should appreciate it as well since they won't be burdened with sorting through it off if I kick the bucket. The decluttering of the house, especially my study, is an ongoing and neverending project.
  • I want to have my next novel in the John Ross Boomer Lit series ready for publication in late 2021. The fourth installment, Make Room for Family, will be released on Feb. 1.
  • I want to reconnect with old friends and relatives because life has an undisclosed expiration date. It's a two-way street so let me know if you want to see me.
  • I'd like to make some progress on cataloging and editing my photos (it's become computer clutter).
I hope the coming months are filled with joy and happiness to everyone! And if you encounter obstacles along the way, don't forget that you overcame a lot in 2020.

Until the next time . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment