Saturday, November 1, 2014

Get Ready, Get Set, NaNoWriMo!

I was up bright and early this morning to begin National Novel Writing Month -- NaNoWriMo.


After drinking a cup of coffee, feeding the dog, and a quick breakfast of eggs and hash browns, I sat down (with another cup of coffee) and knocked out 1,727 words on the first day of my work in progress.

Morning has been my writing time for many years. It's quiet in the house and easy for me to get focused, especially with coffee providing a mild jolt to my senses.

I've been thinking about the story I want to tell for a long time, so I don't foresee having any major problems in reaching the 50k minimum by the last day of November.

An important key is to avoid distractions, especially on the Internet. I will look at Facebook to see if I have any overnight messages from friends and update a couple of pages I manage, but that only takes a few minutes. I don't even look at email until I've finished writing. 

I'm looking forward to getting back to the novel tomorrow morning, especially since the clock "falls back" tonight to give me an extra hour to sleep on it. 

Until the next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment