Friday, November 28, 2014

NaNoWriMo -- Week Four

We're entering the final two days in the National Novel Writing Month marathon.

I shouldn't have any problem reaching the 50,000-word goal. 

Here are my stats through Nov. 28:

Total words written: 47,303
Average per day: 1,689 (average for person to reach 50k is 1,667)
Words remaining: 2,697

While I'm pleased with my output and effort, I know I'll have to continue at the same pace for several more weeks to turn this opus into a novel. As stated before, it will probably take 80k or so words to tell the story I want to tell.

The story has pretty much stayed on course although I have strayed on occasion. That's typical for me, and probably for many other writers as well, as characters develop and sub-plots emerge and submerge.

More changes will occur during the edits and rewrites. 

I'll post another update in two days on my final word count. I hope other NaNoWriMoers are nearing the 50k goal as well.

Until the next time.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment