Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cards

Another holiday tradition that appears to be fading is the sending of  Christmas cards.

I remember not too long ago when we'd receive 50 or more cards during the holidays -- and we sent out as many. That's almost cut in half now. Perhaps people are too busy to take the time to sign and address them. Maybe the cards are too expensive to purchase and mail. 

I like Christmas cards. It's nice to open them up and read the notes about what has transpired in their lives for the past year or look at the photos they share of their family. I had a friend who always put her children on the cards and it was interesting to see how much they grew from year to year.

We still receive cards from friends we've had for nearly 40 years. In fact, probably most of the cards we get are sent by baby boomers and older.

I suppose some folks prefer sending e-cards. I get a few of those -- and to be honest -- I send a few as well. They're not quite the same but I guess it's the thought that really counts.
So thank you to all those who took the time to send a card -- by snail or email.

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment