Saturday, May 4, 2013

Getting Back on the Write Track


It's been five months since I finished the National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, challenge. And it's been five months since I've looked at those 51k words.

Do you think it's about time I start the editing and rewriting process?

In the meantime, I've done some research to prepare for this next phase in the writing process. As I've mentioned before, it's a young-adult novel that deals with bullying.

While in graduate school studying special education, I took several courses that covered bullying. I've also done some substitute teaching and observed how students interact with each other. I'm also a parent who had two sons in the public school system. And, I can look back on my years as a student and remember a few bullies and those who were bullied.

It generally takes me several months, or about 10 rewrites, to finish a novel. I'll keep you posted on my progress. 

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment