Friday, May 31, 2013

A Break in the Action

I took advice from a couple of my blog followers (thanks Roger and Elizabeth) and decided to give my manuscript a rest for a week or so.

During that time I've written a notes, ruminated, and slept on the story. I plan to get back to it in the next few days with fresh eyes and ideas.

I've thought about the characters a lot, and in my mind's eye, they have become more vivid and real. Those characteristics will find their way into the manuscript as well as other elements to bring everything to life.

I enjoy the rewriting process, after getting into the meaty stuff, but it can be mentally draining after several weeks. I have some friends who get so absorbed in the process that they seem to have a degree of depression. 

My goal is to have the manuscript to my publisher sometime in June. It it will go through more reads and editing to reach its final form before becoming a book.

Now, back to my thoughts.

Until the next time...



4 comments:

  1. Amazing what a few days rest will do...for the body as well as the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So right, Judi. It's always good to sit back and reflect before moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! I´m so glad you got some rest, I see your inspiration is getting stronger :D thats so great! xoxo Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Elizabeth, the inspiration and vision is much stronger. I'm looking forward to delving back into the manuscript tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete