I was able to tie some loose ends together but I found a few more holes along the way. I may also delete a scene that I'm not sure needs to be in the story. It'll probably be cut or rewritten.
And I'm not pleased with the ending. That's going to involve some major revisions on the third rewrite.
Along the way I take notes on changes that need to be made. It makes it a lot easier when going back over the manuscript. I also need to add more description to characters and scenes.
So, as you can see, there's a lot of work to be done.
I'll probably print the manuscript after the third rewrite. I find it useful to see the words on paper. I'll also take out my red pencil to mark it up -- a reminder of my early days as a journalist working on the copy desk.
I want to keep the manuscript in the 50k range, and now it's inching toward 52k.
I'll keep you posted after the third rewrite.
Until the next time...